Prospective Club Outings / Events
Sometime in the near future, a possible trip to the Trinity House Buoy Yard, Harwich - date to be advised.
1) Thursday 8th June - river Orwell trip on the sailing barge "Victor" from Ipswich waterfront marina by the Old Customs House. This is a private lunch and afternoon tea voyage to Felixstowe, Harwich, River Stour and back to Ipswich. Organised by the "Ganges Association", RNA/MNA Ipswich branches, open to FMMC members, 40 guests maximum.
2) Late June - date to be confirmed, an overnight 2-day trip to the Portsmouth/Gosport maritime museums, staying at a local travelodge. Cost about 100 GBP depending on coach numbers. Highlights are the RN submarine museum, Mary Rose museum, HMS Warrior, HMS Victory. Organised by the MNA/RNA Ipswich branches.
3) Merchant Navy Day/weekend - Saturday 2nd September at 10:40 hrs - open air remembrance service at Ipswich seafarers memorial , Ipswich marina Waterfront, Orwell Quay, Anchor Street. "Fly the Red Ensign" flag raising events at local prominent flagstaffs, Felixstowe Ferry, Woodbridge Marina, Felixstowe Town Hall, etc.
3) Sunday September 3rd at 12:30 hrs - Merchant Navy Day, Remembrance Sunday open air service at Tower Hill Memorial Gardens, opposite Trinity House. Early train to Liverpool Street station recommended. Organised by the Seafarer's Charity.
4) 28th September - UN World Maritime Day - events to be advised.
5) Wednesday 11th October at 16:00 hrs - Annual National Service for Seafarers at St. Paul's Cathedral , St.Paul's Churchyard, London. Tickets (free) available online from the Seafarers Charity/Eventbrite.
6) Friday 17th November at 12:00 hrs - London Lord Mayor's Luncheon. Guests only of members of Honourable Company of Master Mariners. HQS "Wellington", Temple Stairs, Victoria Embankment, London.
Other events and dates to be advised as they become available.